Hibiscus Retirement Villages
Hibiscus Retirement Villages was founded as The South Coast Good Samaritan Society in 1962 in order to provide accommodation in cheap housing for social pensioners. The Government of the day provided funding for social pensioner housing and we were able to provide housing for over 200 such cases. By 1974 a 300 bedroom 6 floor block had been constructed to house frail social pensioners at minimal cost subsidized by the state. From 1969 a few cottages were built in the grounds which were sold to people who could afford to buy the cottages and pay the levy.
During 1994 the Society realized that the writing was on the wall for old age subsidies to large frail aged homes and set about becoming financially independent of the Government's subsidy.
- What kind of plot is right for you (Budget, slope, position, etc)?
- Building Rates (Current and specific to your Estate)
- What is a realistic Finishes Budget?
- How do the Extra's affect the costs (Swimming pool, landscaping, Aircons, etc)
- Professionals and their fee's (Surveyor, Architect, QS, Engineer, etc)
- Municipal fee's (Connections, plan submissions, etc)
- Question & Answer session